The overarching aim of the expert circle is to institutionalize organ-specific reference centers and best practice centers to monitor COVID-19 pathology and generate national guidelines in diagnostics.
To ensure success, the following objectives are necessary:
- Platform for organ-specific reference pathology assessment
- Establishment and implementation of post mortem COVID-19 diagnostic criteria
- Reporting of stratified COVID-19 autopsy findings
- Establishment, implementation, and distribution of COVID-19 related best practice
- Standardized cooperation to regional public health services
Organ-specific reference centers enabling “state-of-the-art” reference diagnostics on COVID-19 relevant organ systems have been set up during DEFEAT PANDEMIcs due to their specific expertise and already existing and ready-to-use infrastructures established in the framework of already existing research structures. These are complemented by an organ-overarching reference center for infection diagnostics with expertise in molecular virology and virus detection.
|Medizinische Hochschule Hannover
|Central Nervous System
|Universitätsklinikum Carl Gustav Carus Dresden